Serves 4 people:
- 2 spoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups) 1 celery stalk, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup) 300 grams of ground beef
- 100 grams of ground pork
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 spoon of concentrated tomato paste
- 500 grams of tomato puree
Place onion, celery and carrot into a saucepan with olive oil.
Cook the vegetables a few minutes, then add the meat, leave it to cook a few more minutes.
Add the wine, high the heat to let the alcohol vaporise.
Add the tomato puree and the concentrated tomato paste.
Add salt and pepper.
Cover the saucepan, low the heat at minimum and leave it to cook for about two hours.