- 8 chicken thighs or breasts
- 250 grams (about 9 ounces) smoked panchetta
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 red onion
- 1 liter (about 4 cups) of tomato puree
- Extra-virgin olive oil as needed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 rosemary sprig
- Crush the garlic cloves and brown them in a skillet along with the rosemary.
- When the oil gets hot, lower the flame a little and add the chicken. Let cook over low heat for 10 min.
- Add the previously chopped up celery and onion. Stir until the onion looks translucent.
- Add the puree and add water (or preferably vegetable broth) until the meat is covered up, let simmer until the tomato pure becomes creamy.
The secret is to cook over low heat once you add the puree and water.
If you like you can use tomato paste as well.